Christine on HGTV

Thursday, September 13, 2007

K-VILLE


Last night I had the privilege of attending a screening of the new Fox TV show, K-Ville on the Fox lot. There was a reception and then the screening. The event was short and sweet, so I was home by 9:30.

I half expected this to be a feast of New Orleans cuisine....wrong!! There was Chicken Satay w/ Peanut sauce, bread, crackers & cheese, fruit and mini bruchettas. Desert was mini brownies and lemon tarts and king size cookies.


















A few of the Fox Diversity Development Department execs spoke, and I liked that they took the time to tell how and why the series was developed. They were especially proud of the fact that they took a chance and cast a well known comedian in a dramatic role...that's risky, but I think they'll get the ratings they're looking for. Anthony Anderson was cast in their other dramatic cop show, The Shield, and he did phenomenally well, so they built this series around him.


The show is pretty good, even though there were a few details that bugged me. The cast seems to be strong, a lot of unknowns thrown in with some recognizable faces. I really loved that you could hear definite New Orleans inflections in the dialogue. That rang very true for the characters. I don't like that the female cops are always so "tough" to the bone....but I guess that what makes a good cop show. I love CCH Pounder's character on The Shield...she's in a league of her own. But I don't care for Mariska Hargitay in Law & Order SVU. I don't know....she's compassionate and all, but she still seems too "Butch." Whatev! Overall the show will be worth watching. I want to support the creators of this "diversity development" project as well as support New Orleans and the Katrina victims.

After the screening we left with some nice parting gifts too. That always makes it worthwhile right? :0) So I'm wearing my exclusive K-Ville T-shirt and wristband today.

Oh and as I was leaving the Zanuck Theatre I saw my Pastor and wife there. I was in good company, lots of Big Wigs and Muckety Mucks were in attendance. VIP baby!! LOL.

The show premieres Monday, September 17h at 9:00pm pacific/8:00pm central.

"New Lives. New Rhythms. New Orleans..."

No comments:

BEZEM Y MAI LAN FASHION SHOW