Christine on HGTV

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

DUDE, WHERE'S MY NICHE?

When I recall the stories I've read in magazines that describe how certain entrepreneurs became successful, the one thing I keep reading is how each one found their "niche". Yea, that product or service that no one else thought to tap into....and now the world can't get enough of it.

Even though I've had great responses on the products I create, there isn't an overwhelming "need" to purchase certain items. I often ask myself why? Every one of my creations incorporates flair and style, and sometimes I even throw in a little whimsy. So who am I targeting with these items?

I believe I continue to create what I like, and haven't focused on what I'm marketing. Where's my niche? It' hard to know because when I look at what products and designs are out there...everyone is on the same page almost duplicating each other's items over and over again. And it sells, sells, sells.

But I don't want to be a cookie cutter designer. I want to be original with one-of-a-kind styles. My problem is, I need to know who wants what I have to offer. It's something that I need more thought and research on. I have to NAME IT and CLAIM IT.

There's so much to building a business, and even though I've read books on turning your passion into profits...seeing and doing are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I'm willing to put in the work though, so it's all about doing something the right way...the way most people believe suits them. I've got to find my niche. Perhaps then my sales will soar!

DIVA DIVINITY - Beyonce Part II

I picked up my usual free weekly this week and lo and behold, a very flattering story on Miss Beyonce by Johnny Loftus (OC Weekly). His title of Diva Divinity was followed by a sub heading stating..."Beyonce is more than just a curvy talented dollar sign - much more."

It was amazing to read this piece because it confirmed my review of her talent as a force to be reckoned with. If I believed it and now Johnny seconded it...then I was on the mark in my take on how she's manages to stand out and not just fit in. He calls her the queen of DIVADOM....I'm just sayin', I'm on board with it.

No comments:

BEZEM Y MAI LAN FASHION SHOW