Christine on HGTV

Monday, October 02, 2006



WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT?

I did not believe I would need to post any "relationship issues" on the site, but when I read this I wanted to share this for all to see because I can relate.


POEM WRITTEN BY A BLACK MAN
"I APOLOGIZE"


"I apologize black woman for all the seen and unseen lies,
for the heartache and pain that brought tears in your eyes.
I apologize black woman for not being true from the start,
for running away from you, leaving a hole in your heart.
For ignoring your feelings and pushing them aside, because
I was too damn arrogant and pumped up with pride.
I apologize for making promises that
I couldn't keep, for building a
foundation based on treachery and deceit.
Being selfish and inconsiderate, I did what I
wanted to do, making costly
decisions without thinking of you.
I apologize for not holding you through restless
nights and stormy days, for my immature thoughts and my foolish ways.
Instead of carrying your love with me,
I just threw it on the shelf, after
we made love I turned away, only thinking of myself.
You cried your heart for me, while I was out
running wild and loose, I
destroyed the essence of your love
with physical, mental, and emotional abuse.
I gave you hell black
woman by giving
up when times got rough, I didn't
slap you, I pushed you, I neglected you - even that's bad enough!
Now I see why you build a wall around you, because
it is me you despise, but that's the price that I have to pay for
all the times I wore a disguise.
I pray to GOD that one day you will realize,
that I LOVE YOU BLACK WOMAN, AND I APOLOGIZE."














(Pillow images by Tiffany Marshall. Used for the purpose of "LOVE" theme only. Not intended for sale)

No comments:

BEZEM Y MAI LAN FASHION SHOW