Christine on HGTV

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

THE ORANGE HAIRED LADY

I was waiting on a subway platform one evening when this elderly woman with Orange hair walked by. I could tell she was a woman of the world by her attire, not to mention that big orange wig she was wearing. She was dressed rather fashionably in a well worn leather jacket and boots with shirts tied around her waist. She was a bit displaced, as she was mumbling to herself, but I couldn't help myself. I found her fascinating and watched as she walked to the far end of the platform and boarded the train as its doors opened.
I said to myself, "I can't believe her hair." I wished I had thought to take a picture, but I didn't.

Some months later I was going home on the Metro train, and this woman walked past me from the rear and sat in a seat two rows ahead of me. I could not believe that it was the Orange-haired lady again. I pulled out my camera phone and took a snapshot. I couldn't believe my luck to see her again and get a chance to take this photo.

I just sat there in amazement, thinking about her; how she came to create her persona. What was with the orange hair? I was too embarassed to walk to the front and try to take a picture of her face.

So I left the train smiling because fate brought her to me again, but left me realizing - who she is and who she was will have to remain a mystery.

No comments:

BEZEM Y MAI LAN FASHION SHOW