Christine on HGTV

Thursday, January 04, 2007

ALL I WANT FOR THE HOLIDAYS....is Peace and Love, and Goodwill toward all men.

The "trinity" of holidays are behind us now, but here are some shots how the holidays stacked up for me at work, with my choir and going home.

HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2007 IS HERE!!

I fell ill during New Year's weekend so I was not in a partying mood. If I was I'd probably look like this though....:0)
CHRISTMAS

Dad and the Burton, Brewer and Powell girls....Fran, Ollie, Sr., Tija & Christine
This is my beautiful mother, Gerry Lee Burton....admiring my gifts to her!


Jamie (Step-Mom), Fran and Dad....getting really cozy!



Fran & Zayed and their famous Coconut Cake...."You got it goin' on Girl...No you do!"


Jeff Jr. and his girfriend Francine.....alot of snuggling up in the cold weather up in Sac.
First A.M.E.'s Unity Choir in da houze. Anna Moore hosted our Christmas Party....Altos, Soprano's, Tenors!!
Niki, I told you I brought my gift...let me play please!!!!

Sisterly love between Adonna and Kim

Tim, Goldie and Kim.....eating good in the neighborhood. :0) Whoever brought those ribs - they were off the hoook!! Our newest Unity baby, Aniyah Graham......


I won, I won! At my office party...I won a Quesadilla maker!! Woohoo!

Dad and the girls....Victoria (Step-daughter), Fran & Chris....say cheese!

Little Miss Chandler! - Vickie's daughter
And here's Vickie's other child, AJ (Alex).......
Talking about blue-eyed soul....there it is!


Hey Frannie (Tija's BFF)....yea my chocolate pie hit the spot!

THANKSGIVING

Jeff and sister, Niecy Powell....CHEEEEZZZZEEEEE!
Jeff and his mom...Fran supervising as Ernest carves that turkey...come to think of it, she's just waiting for the first piece - fork in hand!


Mom and her girls.....Gerry Burton, Christine, Fran and granddaughter, Tija (Atija).

The Powell Clan loves B-I-N-G-O.....so we played, and played until all the gifts were won!

Jeff's Great Aunt and my Niece Katina Burton...

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season......these photos prove that me and my family and friends did.

IN MEMORIAM - Uncle John D. Houston

My Aunt Shirley (my mom's baby sister)

I want to acknowledge the passing of my Uncle John David Houston. Uncle John D., which was the name most of us called him. it wasn't right unless we said, "Uncle John D."

My uncle passed on Dec. 20th from complications due to Diabetes, Pneumonia and Alzheimers. He and my aunt Shirley were married for 50 years, and that's incredible. My Uncle John D. was a man that was bigger than life. He was over 6'9"Ft. probably, and he played Basketball when I was about 4 years old. I remember that the team my uncle played with actually played the Harlem Globe Trotters in a charity basketball game. I never, ever forgot the excitement of that event, and for many years I thought that he was one of the Globetrotters.

Over the years my Uncle and his children developed Diabetes and it is a horrible debilitating disease. My uncle's dad had it, and it was passed on to his children. My cousin Debbie died a number of years ago due to her bout with Diabetes, and her sister Brenda is struggling with it now. Out of 5 kids, only the 2 daughters contracted it...the boys have showed no signs of it.

When I was in elementary school, my cousin Debbie and I went to school for about a year or so, and then the Houston's moved to the South side of Sacramento. Debbie and I were the same age and we spent a lot of time together. She was as close as a sister to me. I would spend the night at the Houston's all the time...my mom taking me waaaay over to South Sac. I would watch my Uncle John D. being a father and I so loved being in the house with a man there. He was my dad when I stayed over. The Aunts and Uncles treated their nieces and nephews as their own...I loved that, and I will never forget him.

My aunt is doing well, as she has come to terms with him no longer suffering. But I can only imagine her missing this giant of a man in her life....her soul mate, her partner for life until death do they part. God bless you Uncle John D. You were a wonderful man with a great sense of humor and a loving heart. I will miss you.

As we begin this new year, I pray for Peace in Iraq, I pray for prosperity, and I pray for hope to all those who have none. God continues to bless us....and I am ever thankful for every day I live. Tomorrow is not promised to any of us, so we have to live each day as if it were our last.....I intend to do that.

JOY TO THE WORLD, THE LORD IS COME...LET EARTH RECEIVE HER KING!!!

No comments:

BEZEM Y MAI LAN FASHION SHOW