Christine on HGTV

Friday, June 08, 2007

"HAVIN' MY BABY. WHAT A LOVELY WAY TO SAY HOW MUCH YOU LOVE ME!"

Right about now, that's what my nephew is saying to his fiance. On June 2, 2007, Ezekiel was born to Kevin & Cher. He's healthy and everybody is ecstatic! He's a cutie too! Yes he is...yes he is. This is my sister Fran's first Grandbaby, my little great nephew from the Burton/Brewer family. In a few short months, she'll have a second grandbaby to celebrate as her daughter Atija is pregnant too! What a way to expand the family!! Love is in the air....:0)
































IESSA GRADUATES

This was the month for a lot of great nieces and nephew news! My great niece, Iessa, graduated from Sacramento High School on June 2, 2007. Here are some pics

































































Olivia, Iessa's mom, threw a wonderful Grad party. What a great time we had celebrating this young lady's achievement. She's studying nursing with hopes of becoming a Pediatrician. Way to go sweetie, this is my late brother Robert's granddaughter. Bryant (late) and Oliva are her parents. Most of the family, including a lot of my other great nieces and nephews were there also.

There's no place like home



A couple of weeks back I flew into Sacramento Airport for a little R&R (I'll post some pics of this trip home shortly) and there had been a wonderful renovation of the airport. New food court, news stands and souvenir shops. I hadn't flown in so long I was totally taken aback. There was once catch though. Here's what passengers had to endure to claim their luggage. Sac-o-tomates....ain't nothin' changed. LOL!!!!!

ART WALK AT THE BREWERY COMPLEX

Some months back I attended a wonderful Art Walk at The Brewery in Los Angeles. What a wonderful day to walk into the studios and galleries of artists in this beautiful setting. I was also there to attend a play at one of my choir member's playhouse - "KSLG Playhouse". Sharon Graines is the first black female to own a theatre house, and I support her whenever I can. Her playhouse is at The Brewery and me and my friend April enjoyed the whole experience.
















Sharon and company take their bows.

Here are some of the sights we took in at the complex. I just loved the complex because of the foliage and lots and lots of cacti and various succulents. It's amazing to me how beautifully designed the spaces are.

















These are some outrageous (to say the least) designs from YOUR PSYCHO GIRLFRIEND clothing boutique.



















































What a stunning lady!

I just love the expression on this mannequin's face. I want to recreate the face (au Noir), and this is perfect. She has just the right amount of Sass & Class.



















Isn't this alphabet tag lovely? This is from designer Anahata of PaPaYa!! I absolutely love their designs. I can't describe the style it is but for lack of a better description, I'll say it's "ethereal," that always covers the gamut of interesting work such as this.




Here is one more favorite thing. I was on the bus one day and saw a woman carrying a tote bag with a fabulous image of a woman's head on it. I had to know where she got it and she told me the store she worked in carried it...BUT...they had sold that particular bag and hadn't had it for months. Well being one not to be deterred, I set out on a mission to find the designer. If I could find the designer, I could locate a store, and perhaps get one. So I called the woman's store and spoke to the manager. I described the tote and luckily she remembered the designer/company. It was produced by a company called "FLUFF".........internet!!! I went straight to it and found several sites called Fluff until I saw her! Wouldn't you know it, they didn't have any more totes or handbags with her image, and they didn't even have a T-shirt with her image.....all these other images on the site except for her. I liked some of the other stuff, but she was the one I wanted. Oh well....here are a couple of items from their beautiful line of products.
















What's so great about the day I saw the tote was that I had just begun to attempt designing my own kind of logo. I had been doodling on the train and came up with an image with a long neck just like this mannequin.

As you can see from my diary page, I had begun designing this and BAM! I see a truly magnificent specimen of the very thing I wanted to duplicate. The reason I had started with this long neck image was years ago I checked out a fashion illustratin book from my neighborhood libary, and I loved the images. The night before, I had found those illustrations, and decided that I would try to recreate something for myself. Thus...the mannequin head image. This is what freaks me out sometimes. I can't often tell other folks about these "coincidences/blessings", whatever you want to call them 'cause one might think I was a bit loopy, but I always document what I'm saying and ONE DAY, SOMEONE WILL BELIEVE...that I'm blessed and highly favored. :0)

Some people say there aren't any coincidences, it's just God talking to you - I can believe that. So anyway, these things happen more often than I'm willing to admit to anyone, but there you have it. I am always happy to share my insights, and viewings of all things ARTSY(and Fashiony- yes) because I love it so...and maybe you do too.

No comments:

BEZEM Y MAI LAN FASHION SHOW